Saturday, February 7, 2009

Musings of Museums.


Shall we continue? As one may notice, if one checks the posting times on these new ramblings, I'm using this lazy and antibiotic infused Saturday to run through a weeks worth of excitement, so now that we've all had a chance to shower and shave, possibly grab a cup of tea and settle back into our comfy computer chairs, I bring you last Sunday.

I slept, until noon. (typical?)

But as soon as I awoke I was taken by a strong desire for cultural enrichment and sophisticated socializing. Thusly, I called up my go-to pals, the gang if you will, Peter and Stuart, and decided on an adventure of the Art Nouveau variety. Off we went into the heart of the city, into the tres touristy Wenceslas Square, to the Mucha museum!

AH. Perhaps this means very little to some of you, but Alphonse Mucha is without a doubt my favorite artist of all time. For future reference, the top three looks like this:

1) Mucha
2) Toulouse-Lautrec
3) Renoir

Now Mucha is the one who designed the famous Paris metro sign, he was the father of the short lived Art Nouveau movement, and an undisputed genius.

It was one of the most breathtaking museums I've ever visited, which is saying quite a lot considering it was pretty tiny. I nearly had a heart attack being that close to some of his prints. I spent a small fortune at the gift shop, and, on a rather unpleasant tangent, nearly got my head bitten off by the coat check lady when I tried to hang up my own coat. "NO SELF-SERVICE HERE," she yelled in broken English.

Terrifying, I'm far too fragile to be reprimanded by strangers. (Especially after the fried cheese I bought off the street, my stomach was already unsettled enough to begin with... ughhhhh.)

No comments:

Post a Comment